I received the B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering, in 2007, 2009, and 2012, respectively, from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). I am currently serving as Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Minnesota (UMN), where my primary affiliation is with the Power and Energy Systems research group. My research interests include modeling, analysis, and control of power electronics and power systems with a focus on renewable integration.
Awards and Distinctions
- McKnight Land-grant Professorship Award, UMN 2017-2019 [link]
- Associate, Institute on the Environment, UMN 2017-2019 [link]
- Residential Fellow, Institute of Advanced Study, UMN 2017-2018 [link]
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Faculty Early CAREER Award 2015
- M. E. VanValkenburg Graduate Research Award, UIUC 2012
- University Honors, (Bronze Tablet), UIUC 2007
Service and Editorships
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, January 2018 - Present
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, December 2014 - Present
- Editor, IEEE Power Engineering Letters, December 2014 - Present
- Vice President, University Education Subcommittee, Power and Energy Education Committee, IEEE Power and Energy Society, July 2015 - Present.
- Secretary, University Education Subcommittee, Power and Energy Education Committee, IEEE Power and Energy Society, July 2014 - June 2015.